“I love that every project is different and each day brings a new challenge.”
It’s ironic that early on in her professional engineering career Joslyn was not crazy about heights, and now; she is the first person to climb a ladder to inspect a roof. As a second-generation mechanical engineer, she knew early on what career path she wanted to take and follow in her father’s footsteps.
Joslyn pulls on nearly 20 years experience providing mechanical engineering consulting services and expert witness testimony in litigation cases involving property damage, product liability and construction defects throughout the United States. Licensed in 11 states, her background includes assessments and analysis involving property loss, mechanical failures, builder’s risk, construction defect and product liability claims.
She has assessed losses related to flood, freeze, fire and hail and conducted post-disaster assessments of mechanical equipment and systems, including elevators, boilers, chillers, roof top units, solar panels, piping and fire sprinklers in relation to international and local mechanical plumbing building codes; NFPA, ASTM, ASME, and ANSI standards; and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
In addition to experience in motor vehicle crash reconstruction cases, Joslyn also applies safety engineering principles in cases related to rough terrain forklift operator egress, mining equipment accidents and fall protection equipment. That extends to testing and analysis for product failures, including, medical devices, ladders, bicycles, propane and gas heaters, ballistics, and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
Joslyn lives in the South Denver area , with her husband and son. The avid snowboarder and skier, she also serves as treasurer and a board member for the Jamie Beck Family Foundation.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University (2002)
AREAS OF SPECIALITY
- Commercial & Residential HVAC Systems
- Elevator Assessments
- Escalators and Moving Walkways
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Mechanical Code Compliance
- Mechanical Construction Defect Assessment
- Mechanical Expert Testimony
- Mechanical Systems Damage Assessment
- Mechanical System Failure Analysis
- Industrial System Assessments
- Solar Panels and Wind Turbines
- Plumbing System & Failures
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed professional mechanical engineer in California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, Mechanical Exam Committee Member
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
SELECTED CASE HISTORY
- RDA Hotel Management Company and Lakewood Hotel Company v Hudson Specialty Insurance Company, Case # 19-CV-02145-DDD-NYW (S. District Court, District of Colorado)
- J-M Manufacturing Co, Inc. v Affiliated FM Insurance Company, et al. Case #2:19-CV-0555OJAK (SKX) (U.S. District Court, Central District of California)
- Brass Creekside, LP v Amguard Insurance Co. Case # 5:20-CV-00583-OLG (U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division)